1 30oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns {I used Ore Ida}
3 -14oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1 pkg. cream cheese {don’t use fat free. It WON’T melt!!!}
In a crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese. Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted. Serve with cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, or whatever else you think would be good!!
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1 pkg. cream cheese {don’t use fat free. It WON’T melt!!!}
In a crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese. Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted. Serve with cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, or whatever else you think would be good!!
tasted great. We're not big soup eaters, but enjoy the change when the weather cools off.
ReplyDeleteThis was just too easy to taste this good. We will definitely make again at our house. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThis meal was really good. I just have a little feedback on the instructions. When I read "combine everything except for the cream cheese" I took that to mean combine everything you gave us except of course for the cream cheese. So I dumped in the shredded cheese and bacon since I wasn't sure they were meant for toppings because you listed other optional toppings that were not included. Anyway before everything was stirred together I figured out the shredded cheese and bacon were toppings and was able to fish out most of the cheese. The soup was still good with the bacon cooked in it.
ReplyDeleteMy kids are not big potato fans but they all liked this soup! I will be adding this to my book of recipes to make again! Thanks Jaime!
ReplyDelete