Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lime Baked Fish Fillets


Lime-Baked Fish Fillets (from Lion House Lite Recipe book)
½ cup lime juice (fresh is best)
4 T butter
1 tsp parsley flakes
½ tsp kosher salt
2 clove minced garlic
¼ tsp pepper
8 white fish fillets

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients except fish. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted. Arrange fish fillets is prepared dish and pour lime sauce over them. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve immediately.

Georgette's Really Lemony Greek Pilafi (from Kalyn’s Kitchen)
(about 8 servings)

2 cups Uncle Ben's Converted Rice (not instant)
4 T olive oil (or 1 T butter and 1 T olive oil)
2 tsp. salt
6 T lemon juice (or more)
6 C chicken stock
Use a heavy pan with a tight fitting lid. Sauté rice in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add salt and lemon juice and sauté 1 minute more. Add chicken stock carefully so it doesn't splash up on you, let it come to a boil, reduce heat to the lowest you can get it and still keep the liquid boiling and cook 30 minutes without peeking at all.

After 30 minutes you are allowed to peek to see if all the liquid is absorbed. If not cook a few more minutes until it has. I find it usually takes 35 minutes, but I can't keep myself from peeking after 30 minutes. 

2 comments:

  1. I seriously thought to myself as I ate this meal, "I would love to eat this everynight!" It was super easy & so, so good! The rice was an excellent companion to it. (I used only 1 can of chx broth & 4 cups of water because I couldn't find the other 2 cans, my own fault! It still tasted great!) I would really love having this repeated again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My whole family loved this! And the rice was awesome too!

    ReplyDelete