Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Parmesan Soup


Ingredients:
4 cooked chicken breasts
2 32 oz Italian diced tomatoes
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. basil
1 t. oregano
5 cups water

2 zucchini diced
2 pkg. Lipton noodle soup packet

Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top

Instructions:
·         Place all ingredients in a crock pot except zucchini, noodles, and parmesan cheese.
·         Cook on low for 6 hours.
·         One hour before serving add zucchini.
·         10-15 minutes before serving add noodles.
·         Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and eat. 

Note: I often place frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot first. I cook on low for 3-4 hours, then cut and return to crockpot. I also strain the fat and keep the broth. Add remaining ingredients (except the soup packet and zucchini—those go in last).

1 comment:

  1. We loved this soup and had left overs which is always a bonus for me to not have to cook twice! Great recipe! Would love to have again!

    ReplyDelete